Sunday, January 25, 2009

"The Parting of Ways."

[...something I wrote to someone I loved.]


I’ve lain with you

I’ve coveted you

And now I apologize to you

‘Cause the things I’ve done

Completely contradict the fact that I love you

 

Yes. After laying in bed and awaiting sleep to fall upon me I felt compelled to say those things I never had the courage to say. My first impulse was to write a poem. But I told myself, “Fuck that.” I’m often told my poems are somewhat cryptic – which is true to an extent, but I say their perceptivity is just off. I’ve never known a person who’s face roused such contradictory feelings within me – such contentment and sadness. Every time I see you is the same as the first – on the way to see the ____, looking over my shoulder into the back seat, you and those lively brown eyes staring back at me. _______, I love you. I care for you far more than I should and I probably always will. I wish you nothing but happiness but I don’t want to regret never telling you exactly how I feel.   

No comments: